[TR] TR3 Upper Fulcrum Bolts

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Mon Nov 22 06:35:13 MST 2010

In a message dated 11/21/2010 3:35:58 PM Central Standard Time,
wsb1960tr3a at att.net writes:
>      Caged nuts are in place. It looks like the aft one may be stripping
> or is stripped. The bolt doesn't go in squarely. The threads are stripped
> as well. I am going to try a new bolt going in squarely and hope for the
> best.

Two thoughts come to mind:
1) someone cross-threaded it.  If so you may need to clean up the threads
with a tap.
2) There is something in there causing the bolt to bottom out.  It may be a
broken off bolt or just an accumulation of debris.  As I recall these are
weld nuts because they are blocked off my the spring perches which can
capture stuff under there.  You may need a light and an inspection mirror to
investigate.

Good luck.

Dave