[TR] General Conversation

Adrian Jones adrianjones747 at earthlink.net
Sun Nov 21 17:19:03 MST 2010

Joe,

Many thanks on that tidbit!

A couple of months ago, I had a pleasant phone conversation with the Moss
Motors USA rep and that was what he recommended (re-torque when hot).

Does this make you think that the factory had problems regarding the head
gasket?  I seem to remember someone saying that the head gasket was a
problem area for the 1500.

I'm somewhat reluctant to go back and re-torque because a couple of months
ago I was attempting to replace the head gasket in a friend of a friend's
1500 MG and I managed to strip out some of the studs from the block(!).
What is the consensus of opinion on re-torquing with regards to this 1500
Triumph engine?

Is it a necessity or is it just re-checking?  If necessity, hot or cold?

By the way, I torqued down on bone-dry nuts and studs, ie no lubrication at
all.

Cheers!