[TR] shameless self-promotion (door wood)

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Fri Nov 19 18:37:17 MST 2010

> I simply
> plugged
> the holes with the best wood putty I could find

A better approach is to drill out the holes, and then glue in hardwood
dowels.  If you use good quality dowels and glue, the fix will be stronger
than the original wood.  You'll also need to drill pilot holes for the new
screws, once you find the right location for them.

There may be a wood putty out there that would work for this kind of repair,
but I've never found one.  The dowels work first time, every time.

-- Randall