[TR] TR3A plugs #3 and #4 running colder

Rick chandler.rick at comcast.net
Wed Nov 17 17:35:24 MST 2010

I did a plug check on my TR3A today. While the front two plugs looked great
(light tan insulators), # 3 was much darker and #4 was sooty. Plugs are NGK
BP6HS. I seem to remember a discussion here a year or so ago concerning #4
running cooler than the other cylinders. I checked the archives, but no
cigar. Anyone remember this discussion? I'm planning to lean out the rear
carb a few flats (HS6s), but I'd rather do it with a bit more information.
Car runs fine, with only 800 miles since the rebuild.

Rick in Seattle

1960 TR3A

1970 BSA 441 Victor Special

1972 Norton 750 Commando Combat