[TR] TR3 Radiator Choices

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Mon Nov 15 16:09:58 MST 2010

Hi Chip;

Basically: "Wot Randall Said". However, make sure the good radiator shop
gives a quote first. I asked for a re-core with a thicker core for added
cooling, reinforcing the filler neck, no starting handle hole and also
lengthening the bottom hose connection, as I found the hose slips off
occasionally. The quote was CAN$600 (usually about a dime US--just kidding), but  final
cost with our ridiculous taxes was $758. For that money, I might've been
tempted by the aluminium rad. However, it works great. Too great, in fact, as
the sodding thing won't warm up! Still, no longer overheating, especially
with  the TR6 fan conversion kit (which I prefer over the electric setup,
just a  personal thing) and British Parts Northwest upgraded water pump
(fantastic  mod!!).

That's it. Rad shop, see what they can do.

Tim