[TR] LBC major gathering - new event ideas?

Brian Lanoway blanoway at shaw.ca
Mon Nov 15 07:26:42 MST 2010

Ive been elected as one of the co-chairs for a major LBC event that well
be having in 2012.  The event is called the Rendezvous, usually with 100+
registrations from Wisconsin, Minnesota, the Dakotas, Ontario, Manitoba and
Saskatchewan.

Over the past 20 years, we seem to have converged on the familiar formula of
a meet & greet, optional golf, tours, funkhana, rally, car show with
awards, silent auction and closing banquet with a guest speaker.  While this
traditional program is comforting and expected, we would like to spice up
our 2012 Rendezvous with some new large-group LBC activities.

Im sure many on the List have attended or organized a different, unusual
and successful event at one of their LBC gatherings.  If so, could you
please post these to the List?  Some background as to why you thought the
event worked would also be most helpful.

By the way, our June 2012 Rendezvous will be held in Kenora, Ontario on
the Lake of the Woods - a beautiful, water-side location in paradise - for
those that may be interested.  Next year, well be heading to the 2011
Rendezvous on the Red, hosted by the British Iron Society, in Fargo, North
Dakota.

Many thanks in advance,

Brian Lanoway
1973 TR6