[TR] Fwd: TR3A speedo and tach issues

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Sun Nov 14 09:26:14 MST 2010

> I have found in the past that the bearing between the two
> halves of the
> magnetic drive is gummed up with 50 year old oil.

I agree, and in fact I'm pretty sure that's the problem I have right now
with TS13571L.  But disassembling the gauge to reach that bearing is kind of
a finicky operation; last time I tried it, the shaft broke before the
pointer came off.  So if that is the problem, you might want to consider
sending it to a professional instead.

In case someone hasn't already supplied it, here is a link to Tony Rhodes'
excellent article on speedo repair:
http://home.comcast.net/~rhodes/speedo.html

-- Randall