[TR] master and slave cylinder repair or replace

Randall TR3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Nov 10 22:06:10 MST 2010

> Seems like a no-brainer, but I don't know how
> hard they are to
> fix, or if I am missing any other considerations.  Any input would be
> appreciated.

Installing new seals is easy, nearly trivial.  The important question is
whether there is more damage than just worn out seals, like pits in the bore
(very common in cars that have been stored for a long time), cracks, damaged
threads, etc.  Disassembly and inspection is the only way to decide, IMO.

Another consideration, the replacements sold by Moss et al may not be
visually the same as your originals.  Depending on just how old your car is,
you may even have to bend the lines somewhat as the outlets are different
(very early disc brake cars have perpendicular outlets, later ones have them
at an angle).

BTW, congratulations on learning to drive without a clutch.  It will likely
come in handy again <G>

-- Randall