[TR] TR3 Top Erecting

TeriAnn J. Wakeman tjwakeman at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 11:58:54 MST 2010

On 11/10/10 10:41 AM, William Brewer wrote:
>       I can get my lift-a-dot fasteners on okay (not easily, but okay) this
> way. However, I can see the top material starting to split at a seam on the
> top right above a top bow.

Sounds to me like a top that had the snaps assembled during summer when
the material was warm and stretched.  I think your best bet might be to
remove the bottom snaps and reset a new set of snaps.

My rule of thumb is to set soft top snaps when the top is at the
temperature that it is most likely to be when you feel a need to erect
the top.  I've seen a lot of tops that won't snap all the way in winter
because the snaps were installed during the summer.  And of course some
that billow a little loose in summer because the snaps were set on a
freezing winter day. Personally, I'd rather have the top a little loose
in summer than too tight to set up in winter.

A hard top solves that problem.

Teriann