[TR] TR3A Manifold

cfmtr3a at verizon.net cfmtr3a at verizon.net
Sun Nov 7 19:19:57 MST 2010

The exterior isn't a problem.  I am concerned about the grunge inside and whether it would be pulled into the engine and create problems.   I keep kicking myself for not buying a blast cabinet years ago.  I am almost done now and really won't have the need going forward - but in hindsight... shudda.  I'll take it to a buddy next week sometime.

Regardless of the M-UK misnumbering.. I have what I need albeit without the 'boss' - but I already have one too many of those....   Sure wish I could afford to retire. but, hey - "the recession is over"  hrmph.

Since I couldn't finish up the carb linkage - I decided to tackle the wiper motor.   Had 4 in various shades of working.  The only motor that turned was on a DR3A - wasn't sure of compatibility (now I find out it is the same degree) so I cannabalized the three DR2's & the one DR3 to get the right parts for one.  Just finished putting it together and voila - it worked....  Too late to get it installed tonight but I feel like the day wasn't a complete waste...  I may take the square housing back off and have it powder coated.  It is a dark silver hammerite but is showing its age (bd: 8/60).

Thanks again.

Nov 8, 2010 12:38:00 AM, TR3driver at ca.rr.com wrote:

Randall babbled:
> Also wrong description I believe. According to my
> information it was fitted
> to 100 engines starting at TS16801E,

I of course meant CT16801E.

> through the end of TR4A production.

Also my mistake, my TR4A SPC shows P/N 307455.

But the Moss UK listing is still clearly wrong. They left out the early TR3
low port manifold entirely (P/N 302118), and the cylinder head introduced at
TS9350E was the "Le Mans" head, still a low port design. TS13052E was the
introduction of the "high port" head.

Cleaning would depend on condition; I would probably degrease first and then
use glass bead blasting. But generally I just clean up the mating surfaces
with a file and install it "as found" otherwise

Randall
Triumphs at autox.team.net
Donate: http://www.team.net/donate.html
Suggested annual donation $11.47