[TR] TR3 Carbs

Bill anabil007 at comcast.net
Sun Nov 7 13:37:19 MST 2010

I have to agree with Bill ... but am wondering what he means by
"problematic choke assemblies"
Never had any problem, with them, but then I agree with the Author of
"How to repair your Foreign Car" when he states "Carburetor, a French
word for DO NOT TOUCH" ;-)

One quick note on TR3 intake manifolds, and there are several but
fall into two (mostly) categories ... straight balance tube, and
"humped" balance tube.  When I put headers on Casper I had to switch
to the humped one (with no hole for vacuum something) fit fine,
except there was no room for a front air filter, so I modified a
skinny one (cut two inches off the bottom) and all was well ... I
belive any TR3/4 manifold will fit ... you just need to adapt to your
needs and/or desires ...

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford