[TR] Rebuild Master Brake Cylinder Question

Guy D. Huggins guy at genfiniti.com
Fri Nov 5 06:04:24 MST 2010

Thanks.  Your "launching" comment is fairly accurate.

In addition to the piston not coming out, I also was unable to remove the cap.
Odd.
So, I took some compressed air to the brake line fitting and BOOM, the cap
shot a good fifty feet down the driveway!
But, unfortunately, the piston did not budge.

>From what you are saying here, the piston should just come out with the
pushrod, washer and clip removed.
Its not, and I'm sure the corrosion is the problem.  I'll get that cleaned up
and see what happens.

On Nov 5, 2010, at 7:20 AM, Randall wrote:

>> OK.. for the master brake cylinder on the TR4A.. how does one
>> extract the inner mechs?
>
> I assume you have already removed the clip and washer that hold the pushrod
> into the cylinder.
>
> Make sure the bore is clean at the mouth, it's not unusual for corrosion to
> accumulate there and cause the piston to stick rather than coming out.
Then

http://autox.team.net/mailman/options/triumphs/guy@genfiniti.com