[TR] TR6 Idle stumble

Bill anabil007 at comcast.net
Tue Nov 2 16:05:19 MST 2010

	New information for an old subject, we have had the TR6 idle
stumble recently, after listening and consulting, I sprayed a
volatile liquid (green approved of course) along the intake ports of
the manifold, and sure enough there was a speed up at #6 cylinder.
Ordered the competition manifold gasket, our TR6 has the "early"
engine, head.  Inspecting the intake manifold I noticed it did not
seem all that straight, was told early intakes had casting problems.
Off to our favorite machine shop where my suspicions were confirmed,
and we had the intake manifold milled, there is now a Significant
difference in the surface.  I am looking forward to re-assembly and
am fairly confident there will be no idle "stumble" ... will keep you
posted.

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford