[TR] Water Wetters - Any Good?

Bill anabil007 at comcast.net
Fri May 28 14:12:13 MDT 2010

I have used Redline Water Wetter ... it does seem to help, however I
have a complete regime to solve the overheating problem, every year I
drain, and back flush the entire system. Pretone has a flush system
that can be attached to the heater hose outlet, and with a garden
hose doses a good job of back flushing.  I then drain the radiator
and block as much as  possible.  Raising the top of the radiator
above the engine head (a Kas Kastner suggestion), I then put in
Redine water wetter, NoRosion, one gallon of anti-freeze solution,
fill with de-mineralized water (NOT distilled water).  Start the
engine to check for leaks and to let all the air bubbles come out,
they will rise to the top.  Since I have been doing this along with
and aluminum Ron Davis radiator, Hayden puller fan, narrow belt kit
(mechanical fan removed), overflow bottle. And MOST important an
original (replica) long body thermostat ... all is well.

--
"Thinking is the hardest work there is. That's why so few people
undertake it." - Henry Ford