[TR] Water Wetters - Any Good?

John Wise tr3a.60 at gmail.com
Fri May 28 13:17:55 MDT 2010

Hans

I live in Phoenix AZ & regularly drive my 60 TR3A in temps of >110F both on
the highway & on city streets.   I do NOT have a problem with water temps.  I
also have a recored radiator, sans the crank hole, that is about 5-6 years
old.  I also use the largest electric fan I could fit controlled both
thermostatic & a manual switchs. I am running just water & antifreeze.

Several years go in Florida we put "water wetter" in my son's MBG and really
did not see any big difference.

John

On  28 May, 2010, at 11:57 AM, Hans de Ferrante wrote:

> My TR3A has what seems  to be a common problem with them in California. On a
hot days, in busy traffic, it tends to  overheat while idling, even with a
reconditioned radiator. So far, it has only been marginal with the temperature
not having been over the mid-eighties yet.
> What results have you guys had with those "water wetters" that are on the
market with some impressive claims. Are there any cons? Or is the only way to
an electric fan(Hayden)?

> Hans

John A. Wise
Glendale, AZ