[TR] Len Renkenberger's Hub Manual

Kinderlehrer Kinderlehrer at comcast.net
Wed May 26 19:21:47 MDT 2010

Sort of. The club member who runs the garage where we have our tune n'
tech's uses a wheel puller, which he said was actually an old Willy's tool.
If I remember correctly, it had 3 arms which bolted to the hub, a special
spacer to go over the end, just so there was no pressure on the threads, and
then he tightened it down with an impact wrench. He held it down with 1 foot
and gave the pulller a whack with a BFH and the hub flew apart. I took a
video, but can't seem to find it anywhere.  The theory is that the shock of
the whack seperates the hub without putting the tons of pressure that a
press would require.  Sorry I can't remember anymore, getting too old.
Bob