[TR] PDWA switch

Mark Hooper mhooper at digiscreen.ca
Fri May 21 22:31:24 MDT 2010

I am re-building my PDWA. Using Nelson Riedel's very nice note from the
Buckeye site.

I picked up the o-rings from a seals place nearby and, miracle-of-miracles,
got the thing apart and the shuttle out using only needle-nose pliers. No air
blasts required, thank heavens because I do not have a compresser set up.

I have an interesting issue with the switch. Nelson's article states a very
low resistance between plunger and terminals when activated (1 Ohm). I am
seeing about 10M ohm when unpressed and about 0.7 M ohm when pressed. I guess
the internals are soaked with silicone fluid, since the leak through the
switch is what got me started on this. I'm assuming some sort of film covering
the contacts.

Is this normal, or do I have to soak the switch in something to get it working
better? I'm assuming that the 12V of the system and constant pressure will
provide a better pathway than the output voltage of my Beckman VTOM.

Mark Hooper
1972 TR6