[TR] Fw: [Mgs] LUCAS Technical Correspondence Course, 275pg

Dennis Culligan dctr6 at optonline.net
Wed May 19 13:25:46 MDT 2010

From: "Ed Woods"

>From Barny Gaylord on the MG List:

> For anyone interested in the deepest workings of Lucas electrics, I

> have just posted on line a vintage 275 page text book titled "Overseas

> Technical Correspondence Course" published by Lucas Technical Service.

> This rare book was never released to the general public, but was used

> to train dealer service personel via correspondence school.  See index

> web page here:

> http://mgaguru.com/mgtech/books/lts_otcc.htm

  Thanks to those who made this available, but having just perused the
entire chapter

on batteries, nowhere did I see a warning not to store the batteries on a
concrete

floor nor any description of what would happen if you did (it does suggest
using wood

between batteries when they are stacked). Was this information not known
when this

document was written?  Just wondering.

Dennis Culligan, Highland, NY / 1976 TR6 CF57948U