[TR] Repairing Cloisonne badge

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Tue May 18 16:21:33 MDT 2010

> Mark, Mouser Electronics carries a clear, pourable epoxy in a 350 ml
> kit.

I'm curious, Dave, how did you propose changing the clear/amber epoxy to
black?  I seem to be missing something here.

Some quick poking about with Google shows that some art stores carry
powdered acrylic enamel in many different colors that can be fired at only
400F.  I'm not certain, but maybe 400F is low enough to not damage the
chrome and/or pot metal?  Then at least one site suggested top coating with
an epoxy similar (I assume) to the one Dave linked to.

Powder coat powder might work well too, if you could find some way to kill
the static attraction and control the stuff with a brush.  Maybe mix it with
just a bit of water?

-- Randall