[TR] Repairing Cloisonne badge

Bob yellowtr at adelphia.net
Sat May 15 06:57:16 MDT 2010

On Saturday, May 15, 2010 12:21:57 am Mark Hooper wrote:
> My TR6's grill badge needs repair. A fair bit of the enamel has come away,
> although the rest of the badge (chrome etc) is in very good shape. Has
> anybody had good luck filling in with some readily available substance?
> Epoxy etc? POR+topcoat?
>
> Somehow I suspect that I should avoid scraping out the entire badge and
> then getting black glass powder and firing in a kiln...
>
> MarkHooper
>
> 1972 TR6

Mark,

I got a badge on Ebay that had a small part of the glass missing. I masked
around the area and then filled it with JB Weld. Smoothed it out with a razor
and when it hardened I sanded it smooth and even with the chrome. I then
painted it with some black paint and it came out pretty close to the original.

The repair area was about the size of a thumbnail. Doing the whole badge would
be a challenge.

Bob