[TR] GT6 Needle and Seat

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Thu May 13 10:07:16 MDT 2010

> I have a MK 3 with a leaky rear needle and seat.  They are CD 150
> Strombergs.  Are the needle and seat assembly the same as for
> the 175's I  have?

Apparently not, although I don't know what the difference is.  At least TRF
has them listed separately (P/N 517453) and not cross-referenced to the
various 175CD/S/E/2 valves (which all xref to ZEB19053).

The difference might be as subtle as the bore through the seat (which
affects how much fuel pressure the float can hold back), so I'd just buy the
right one and be done with it.

In the meantime, you might try holding the seat in a vise and rapping on the
needle with a hammer.  If you are lucky, it might deform the seat just
enough to seal.  Or not.

Randall