[TR] oil in coolant after rebuild

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed May 12 16:24:43 MDT 2010

> Just got my "professionally" rebuilt engine running  and find oil in
> coolant.
> My first thought is- head gasket. Seems strange, esp. after only
> running
> a few minutes while I watched the gauges.

Also very strange considering that there is basically NO oil pressure
against the head gasket.

I think it's more likely that some assembly oil/lube got left behind in a
coolant passage and now you're seeing it washed into the radiator.  While it
wouldn't hurt to mention your concern to the "professional", I would just
drive it and keep an eye out for any further symptoms.

-- Randall