[TR] TR6 PWDA leak

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Fri May 7 21:27:36 MDT 2010

On 7 May 2010 at 21:42, Mark Hooper wrote:

> Is this indicative of finished o-rings on the PWDA shuttle, or
> the switch housing itself? Reparable?

If I'm not mistaken, the PDWA is the same for all the Triumphs, no?
The inside of the housing is nothing special, just an O-ring or two
on a plunger if I recall right.  If it is only one it has fluif on
both sides, so it could leak all it wants and the only result would
be that the PDWA doesn't actually A the W like it should when a PD
occurs.  If it has two then a leak internally could allow fluif to
get to the space between the O-rings and hence leak from the switch.
It's easy to fix in either case.

BTW, that isn't really a switch.  It is merely a electrical terminal,
a place to plug the wire.  When the plunger inside the PDWA moves to
one side or the other it grounds the inside of the electrical
terminal and thus completes a circuit to ground.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+