[TR] Voltage Stabilizer for TR3

wbeech at flash.net wbeech at flash.net
Fri May 7 14:53:12 MDT 2010

Hello List,

Having some problems with erratic readings from my new sending unit recently
acquired from BPNW.  I have checked everything to be sure the connections
are tight, even ran an additional ground wire from the gauge to the dash
panel.

Still no improvement, so I wrote to BPNW and they say I should have a
Voltage Stabilizer pn=148876D mounted behind the gauges.  I don't recall
anything like this in any TR3 documentation.  When I look this part up on
the BPNW web site it shows to be an MG part, but BPNW insists this is what I
should have for the Triumph.

Has anyone installed one of these on a TR3?

http://www.bpnorthwest.com/.sc/ms/bdd/ee/9955/Voltage%20Stabilizer
<http://www.bpnorthwest.com/.sc/ms/bdd/ee/9955/Voltage%20Stabilizer>

Bill Beecher
'58 TR-3A TS 30766 L aka "Tar Baby"