[TR] TR4 Top w/Zippered Rear Window

Peter K kentech0822 at myfairpoint.net
Fri May 7 13:56:00 MDT 2010

I also purchased a top from lbcarco with a zip out rear window. This is for my
3A. It took over a year to get it, during which time the price was increased
(to $465!!!) due to the decline of the US dollar, and I was charged the
difference to my card.

The edge piping around the windows is sewn upside down so, instead of folding
over the edges to hide the cut part, they sewed the cut edge on the outside
facing upwards. After finally getting around to finding the 8 hours or so to
install it, the Tenax fasteners included with the top wouldn't fit so I had to
reuse the old ones. Now it's installed and the drip lip that surrounds the
window area is so low the I have to duck my head to see out of the side
window.

I haven't purchased a single item from lbcarco since and won't again. It's
been a couple of years and the wound is still raw. I don't have the money to
buy a replacement.

btw- the one time I zipped out the window, it just blew around so much I had
to pull over and zip it back up. My wife has metastatic melanoma (skin cancer)
so the top is a MUST for us.

Shoulda woulda coulda boughta different top and had money left over.