[TR] TR4 Fan Belt Replacement

Q hdrider570 at att.net
Wed May 5 08:22:03 MDT 2010

I shimmed the motor mounts on my TR4 to align the hole in the radiator for the hand crank.  I used a couple of the aluminum disks that are normally used to shim the rear body mounts.  One on each side if I recall.

I have used the same shims on several other TR4's to adjust the belt clearance in the past as well.

Once properly shimmed the belt is easy to install/remove.  No bonnet clearance issues ever.

Remember they built these cars to make money so there are no "Extra" parts.  If the factory used them, you need them.

Edward Hamer
Petaluma CA