[TR] TR4 Fan Belt Replacement

P Caffrey pcaffrey at ymail.com
Tue May 4 22:10:05 MDT 2010

I'm chiming in late on this discussion....I changed the fan belt on my TR4A
using a technique described in a Moss Motors catalog "Tech Tips" feature.  It
suggested to put a block of wood under the oil pan and place a jack beneath
the wood.  Then, slowly and gently crank the jack up for the necessary
clearance....I placed a thick Yellow Pages phone book under the oil pan
instead of wood.  By cranking the jack, I got the small clearance needed to
slip the belt on with no damage to the car, I think.  It did continue to leak
oil at its regular pace....I may not try that trick again when I get the car
back from the rebuild.
Pat
TR4A '67
1CTC/72746-L