[TR] TR4 Fan Belt Replacement

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Tue May 4 14:56:24 MDT 2010

In a message dated 5/4/2010 2:06:53 PM Central Daylight Time,
ahwahneetr at gmail.com writes:
> Seems to be a problem unqiue to the TR4/4A.  I carry a length of
> (nylon?) rope that is somewhat stretchy.  I have used it as an
> emergency replacement and drove 100s of miles w/o a problem.  An added
> bonus is that is can be used to just drive the water pump if the
> generator grenades (what I had to do).

I seem to recall a product sold as an emergency fan belt.  It was a linked
affair that you would loop around the appropriate pulleys and snap together
the number of links you needed.  It was supposed to get you to a place where
you can affect proper repairs.

Anyone seen this lately?

Dave