[TR] TR4 Fan Belt Replacement

David Brister david.brister at wanadoo.fr
Tue May 4 08:41:53 MDT 2010

The trick is to work the spare fan belt past the steering rack/fan extension
gap at  your leisure by whatever means you may choos. Then you secure it to
the steering rack with strong cable ties and there it sits until you need
it. I have seen people even wrap the belt up with plastic.
FWIW I have found these wide belts give a lot of warning before their demise
like clicking noises and visible cracks particularly on the inside.

Of course YMMV,

David Brister
1967 TR4A
CTC 77785 O