[TR] TR4 rear pinion seal replacement

Brad Kahler bkahler1 at gmail.com
Mon May 3 09:23:43 MDT 2010

Geo,

Your question made me look closer at the diagram in Moss's catalog.
Page 48 item 4.  It doesn't look like it has a cap to it which
surprises me.  All the ones I've seen on other brands of vehicles had
a sheet metal cap that basically wobbled around but kept dirt and
moisture out.

The picture makes it look like there is no cap over the nipple.

Now I'm confused.

Anyone know if there is supposed to be a cap over the breather nipple
on the diff?