[TR] Transmission internal pressure question

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sun May 2 16:39:50 MDT 2010

On 2 May 2010 at 10:31, Mark Hooper wrote:

> Thanks for the replies. I have been all over the shift tower on
> my J-type and my A-type units. I do not see a vent hole.

When you guys get it straightened out (and perhaps you have already
and I just don't have the brain cells left to comprehend), let me
know.  My Spitfire's gearbox drips oil on the exhaust pipe and the
culprit is oil collecting on the very top of the gearbox.  I ask
myself how it gets up there.  The top plate has a vent, I think
that's what it is, shielded on the inside of the box and with what
looks like a slightly broken plastic plug.  If the shield is meant to
keep oil from forcing its way up through that hole, it isn't working.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+