[TR] [6pack] Best palace to have a TR6 Distributor rebuilt

Bob Danielson 75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org
Sun May 2 13:39:45 MDT 2010

Nisonger "used" to be the best instrument service place around but over the
past few years there have been a lot of negative comments on the Mail Lists
and in the Forums over their price, service intervals and "friendliness".
That was enough to scare me away from them and, on Herman van den Aker's
recommendation, I sent my speedo and tach to West Valley Instrument in
Resado CA. (http://tr6.danielsonfamily.org/SpeedometerCalibration.htm)
Morris specializes in just British instruments, charges fairly and turns
them around in the time frame promised, usually 10 days. While I only had
mine calibrated, Paul Rego had Morris convert his tach to electronic and was
very pleased with the results. He initially had a problem with it being
erratic but a phone call to Morris revealed that there were a batch of bad
circuit boards out there and to send it back for replacement. Since then
it's been fine. Paul wrote the whole thing up here.
http://www.74tr6.com/gauges1.htm

Bob Danielson
1975 TR6 CF38503U
Running w/ Throttle Body Injection,