[TR] TR3 SS Brake hoses

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Sat May 1 16:22:00 MDT 2010

> Several places list Goodridge SS brake hoses for the TR3 -
> P/N STH0703-3P and for TR4 #704-3P.   Moss lists Goodridge SS
> hoses but only one part number for both 3 & 4.   Does anyone
> know if there is in fact a difference between the two or is
> it a marketing/catalog issue?

Based on an old Moss catalog, apparently one difference is that the later
front lines are 1.5" longer than the earlier ones.  The change went with the
change in calipers & rotor size; which confusingly enough overlapped TR3B
and early TR4.  (That is, some early TR4 had the early 11" setup, while TCF
series TR3B had the later 10-3/4" setup.)

I'm guessing that means the later lines can be used on the earlier cars; but
it will be more difficult to position the line so it does not rub under any
circumstances.  I know mine have to be twisted "just so" to keep them from
rubbing on either the tire or the ball joint at one extreme or another.

Randall