[TR] TR4 rear pinion seal replacement

David Brister david.brister at wanadoo.fr
Sat May 1 12:55:28 MDT 2010

Yes! The tricky bit is removing the old seal. Unless you have a very thin
extractor you have to use a very small cold chisel to cut through the
outside ring in two places then you can pull the old seal out around the
pinion shaft with suitable pliers.
The new one just bangs in, making sure it is square.

David Brister
1967 TR4A