[TR] Speedo Cable options

Ed Oot eoot at citlink.net
Mon Mar 22 06:04:41 MST 2010

Greetings listers

In investigating the failure of the speedometer to function on my 1977 TR6
powered TVR 2500M, I discovered that the problem was not the gauge itself
(nice surprise) but rather the short cable that goes from the EGR meter to the
speedo was broken.  As TVR parts are often not readily available, I have been
looking at ot her options.  I note that he later TR6 had this EGR meter and a
short cable. However, the connection at the speedo is not the same as it is a
screw on where the TVR has a push on.  Also, TRF lists the length of this
cable fro the TR6 at 15", while the inneer cable of the TVR measures approx.
13 7/8. Never the less I suppose that one option is to use the TR6 inner
cable, and cut it down to fit. This assumes that the stop on the inner cable
at the speedo end is correct.  I also noticed when looking for options that
the MK4 and 1500 Spitfire have a push on connection to the speedo that appears
to be the same as I have, and that it also has one that goes to an EGR. I have
not been able to determine the length, so I am not sure if this is an option.
If anyone has information on that I would appreciate it.
Thoughts, ideas and or recommendations appreciated.

Ed

Database version: 6.14540