[TR] Tidy, was Ignition wires

Jim Muller jimmuller at rcn.com
Sat Mar 20 09:33:17 MST 2010

On 20 Mar 2010 at 15:00, tom white wrote:

> Actually I like to braid mine from the dist cap to just before
> they separate for the spark plugs.

I assume by "mine" you mean your plug wires.  Someone once told me
that the reason for using those little plastic spacers to hold the
plug wires apart was to avoid cross-induction between them.  I would
have thought maybe that meant spark jumping across the insulation of
two wires touching each other.  If induction is a problem then you've
got a really powerful coil, and if direct transmission is a problem
then it's time to change wires.  If either case is possible, and I'm
not convinced it is likely, it argues against braiding the wires
together.  Maybe your experience suggests it isn't a problem.

--
Jim Muller
jimmuller at rcn.com
'80 Spitfire, '70 GT6+