[TR] Metric conversion - Punch Set for Un-cut wilmot breeden UNION keys

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Sun Mar 14 15:28:04 MST 2010

Pete Groh wrote:

> For owners in the UK, any sources for stamping tools.
>From what I've seen here over the years Pete, UK owners don't seem worried
about non Wilmot Breedon keys. I was discussing this point recently with one
of our largest NOS suppliers who told me that WB stamped all their key blanks
with whatever number they wanted, then machined them in a one-hit tool to fit
that code and finally plated them. Don't never ever remember handling a new
key for a new car where you could see the plating abraded along the key top
and base. The plating all came off later through use.

Jonmac