[TR] TR3 Clutch Won't Bleed

Geo Hahn ahwahneetr at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 13:35:18 MST 2010

Thanks for the many suggestions.  As most suspected there was a big
pocket of air in the MC &/or the line from the reservoir.  Futzing
with the MC with the outlet line open got it filled enough that it
would bleed.

Never had this problem before & I think I know why.  Since I use DOT5
I am in the habit of just unstoppering the hard lines and have them
oozing some brake fluid as I get them connected.  This time I thought
I'd be clever and rubber banded a piece of 'rubber' glove over the
reservoir to eliminate spillage from the open hard line.  That worked
well, so well in fact that the MC was totally dry after everything was
hooked up.

Geo