[TR] aero screen mounts

Anthony Cascio allegrorover at mac.com
Sat Mar 6 10:12:04 MST 2010

Yes Gary the reproduction aero screens come with mounts, but as in my
case the car already had the predrilled holes with the captured nuts
under the cowl, I couldn't see any purpose in drilling additional
holes for the aftermarket posts.
I have been fiddling with a set of mounts that I had cast from a set
someone lent me, but again it wasn't quite right.
The windscreen seal hits these mounts and causes a gap in the seal,
not good in the rain.
What I have seen on an old Triumph movie was a car coming to I guess
it would have been the Brookland racing course and two blokes removing
the windscreen and the car then goes out and races, when it comes back
the two blokes replace the windscreen, (with the aero screens in
place) and off he goes home.
I guess that's what I am trying to do with my TR3A now that I have the
roll bar installed again. It just gives that racing look about it, not
that I am racing or anything like that.

Tony Cascio
58 TR3A
TS27093L