[TR] Clutch Master

James Henningsen trguy at cfl.rr.com
Wed Jun 30 18:06:13 MDT 2010

Is it me or does the TR6 clutch master cylinder look exactly like a TR4 clutch
master.  The part numbers are different from the big three, but when I put
them next to each other (I have a 6 and 4) they look identical.  My TR4 is
early and has a .75 bore master and my 6 master is a .7.  That and the fact
that the push rod bracket is a little wider.  Seems like a could use my spare
TR6 master and  the push rod from the 4 master.

Secondly, I will be changing out the brake and clutch hydraulics and will
switch to DOT5 silicon.  Any recommendations on the best substance to use to
clean out the lines?

Tearing down a new TR4 is fun! Thanks in advance.
Jim Henningsen
Maitland, FL
62 TR4 CT5212LO
75 TR6