[TR] Collector Car Prices

William Brewer wsb1960tr3a at att.net
Mon Jun 28 14:31:25 MDT 2010

      Checking out used car prices (mostly on Craiglist using Jaxed site mash)
it looks like some car prices are climbing to new highs and some are falling
to new recent lows. Maybe people aren't getting what they are asking. It looks
like Morris Minors (especially Woody/Travellers) are commanding more money.
TR3's (best car ever built) are still pretty low. TR6's still look higher than
I would have thought. Some Morgans are selling at more modest prices with
resto projects in the single digits and some drivers in the low teens. Lotus
Elan +2's have been trading hands at somewhat below 10K again. I have been
looking at a restored MGTF for $11,900. Anyone notice any other trends
forming? Any bargains out there?
     I remember looking at XKE OTS's in the
$3 to $5,000 range (in the 1970's) and wonder with our current economic
setback if now is the time. Same goes for big Healeys in the late 70's with
3000's selling for $2 to $3,000.
     Anyone else watching the market?

     Bill in Tehachapi