[TR] Car prices from back when

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Thu Jun 17 16:11:10 MDT 2010

Hmmmm...  I had bought a Pontiac LeMans for $50 in Oxnard when I was in the navy airdales back in '73, the year I got out.  All I had to do to it was put the radiator and fenders back on and pray it started.  Splurged on an 8 track and listened to my one tape, Neal Young's Heart of Gold album, all the way home and back to Ukiah for a number of trips.  Should hate it by now, but don't.  Only the White Album is better.

Started college in September of '73, the LeMans threw a rod, and I found myself in heaven, shopping for a car and finding a '68 MBG with 40k miles for $950.  Wish I'd had the money to change the oil back then, or I might still have it today!

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire