[TR] TR3 Electric Fuel Pumps

terryrs at comcast.net terryrs at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 15:22:06 MDT 2010

>I much prefer the little rectangular Facet electric pump.

>Although it is recommended that the pump be mounted at fuel level, the one I
>put on my motorhome gen set was closer to 24" above the bottom of the fuel
>tank, and still worked fine.  The one in the Stag is also maybe 18" above
>the bottom of the tank, and works just fine.

I second that choice.  Have used the little Facet for years with no problem.  I fastened it to the frame in the manner Randall suggests, using old exhaust hanger and leftover rubber grommets from the suspension rebuild.  Mine, though is below the tank on the theory that gravity feed would assist the pump on the delivery side.

Uh oh.  Seems to run fine, but maybe I'm having a performance reduction I don't understand?

Terry Smith, '59 TR3A
New Hampshire