[TR] Auto products - sadly not Triumph

Frank Fisher yellowtr3 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 16 13:12:44 MDT 2010

and whats wrong with the sham wow?

________________________________
From:
Ann and Tim Buja <thebujas at comcast.net>
To: triumphs at autox.team.net
Sent: Wed,
June 16, 2010 11:32:21 AM
Subject: Re: [TR] Auto products - sadly not Triumph
John Macartney asked,

> QUERY TWO. "uncle jack" was also eqipped in his
toolkit with quite
> the best artificial chamois washleather I've *ever* used.
It was
> fantastic, but time and a fading memory makes the brand-name elusive.
> I bought two from a Pep-Boys outlet to bring home but somehow they
> never
made it into our luggage.
> Maybe they're still lurking in "uncle jack's" boot
(Phil Ethier?) and
> if so, keep 'em :)

and Phil Ethier replied
: There is
one of them, in a sort of squarish clear-plastic tube.  Don't
: remember what
the name printed on it is.

This sounds like "The Absorber". In case the link
doesn't survive word wrap,
a Google search on "emgee marketing" will give this
as one of the top links:
https://www.acehardwareoutlet.com/%2835y0cc553hrtq33tw0o4ppjg%29/productDeta
ils.aspx?SKU=87679

Same color as a hide chamois, but it absorbs a lot more
water.  It's stored
wet in a translucent plastic tube that's D shaped.  I
first started seeing
them in 1995 when we hosted the VTR Convention in
Rockford.

It's made in Japan, with the package design trademarked by Shima
American
Corporation.  My package says is was distributed by Emgee(!)
Marketing in
Clarendon Hills, IL.

I use them for car washing and boat
cleaning, and I think swimmers and
divers use them as a superabsorbent towel
that you can wring out and use
over and over again.

Highly recommended, and I
wouldn't be surprised if Joe included it in UJ's
toolkit.

Tim Buja -
Rockford, IL - 80 TR8, 73 Stag, 72 TR6
Triumphs at autox.team.net