[TR] Rain-X

carlsereda carlsereda at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 12:47:12 MDT 2010

Hi Listers,
I used Rain-X on my daily driver for a dozen years and am happy with
it. It is a 2-part system. First you use a cleaning compound (like
toothpaste) to clean glass then you apply the repellant (like
silicone). It beads water so well you almost don't need to put the
wipers on as water easily rolls off. Over time you do need the wipers
and eventually, say one or two winter's time, you're thinking about
doing the 2-step chore again. This last winter I even bought Rain-X
branded wiper blades but I need a few more winters to determine value
of the full Rain-X combination.
Regards,
Carl
'63 TR4 since '74