[TR] Auto products - sadly not Triumph

Randall tr3driver at ca.rr.com
Wed Jun 16 11:39:49 MDT 2010

> Just curious for myself as the local wash offers Rain-X treatment.
> Does
> this coating affect the efficiency of the windscreen wipers?

Rain-X is a brand name; they offer several different (but related) glass
treatments.  Some work well with wipers, some do not (in my experience).

But my guess is that anything your local wash applies will work just about
as well as the "wax" they sell you.  Ie looks good for a day or two, then
you can't tell the difference.

I got some of the stuff that you put in your windshield washer system; which
worked well at first but eventually built up a tarry film on the glass that
was virtually impossible to remove.

-- Randall