[TR] Crash Gear Box

KingsCreekTrees at aol.com KingsCreekTrees at aol.com
Wed Jun 16 10:14:23 MDT 2010

Indeed a great car to learn to drive on, and yes, after that, nearly
everything seemed a bit dull. Most frustrating, however, is the fact that my dad
sold the car in excellent condition in the early 1970's for 400 quid. I've
just  seen a similar vehicle sell for 400,000. After selling the Bentley, he
bought a  non-runner TR3A for 200 quid and it took us a year to get it
roadworthy.  He sold it three years later for 300 quid, when we moved to the
U.S.   Wouldn't it be nice if our cars were still worth 50-75% of the value of
a 1920's  Bentley???

Tim

In a message dated 6/15/2010 5:36:58 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,