[TR] Auto products - sadly not Triumph

pethier at comcast.net pethier at comcast.net
Wed Jun 16 08:42:02 MDT 2010

----- "John Macartney" <macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk> wrote:

> I've just come across a product
> (of US
> manufacture) in the UK called NANO WINDSCREEN PROTECTOR. The claims
> made of it
> seem very similar to "Rain-Ex" and I wondered if anyone had experience
> of NANO
> and if they'd be able to give me their thoughts off-list before I
> commit to
> buy here.

I love Rain-X.  You haven't lived until you see how fast water flies off an Esprit windshield.  It's so comical you have to get past it fast so you look at the road, not the watershow.  On a TR4 the effect is a little more subtle.  Dunno about this NANO stuff.

> QUERY TWO. "uncle jack" was also eqipped in his toolkit with quite
> the best artificial chamois washleather I've *ever* used. It was
> fantastic,
> but time and a fading memory makes the brand-name elusive. I bought
> two from a
> Pep-Boys outlet to bring home but somehow they never made it into our
> luggage.
> Maybe they're still lurking in "uncle jack's" boot (Phil Ethier?) and
> if so,
> keep 'em :)

There is one of them, in a sort of squarish clear-plastic tube.  Don't remember what the name printed on it is.  Have not opened the package.  Don't know if it has been used or not.  I will try to remember to check the name when I get home.

The original was probably sourced by Joe Pawlak, perhaps at Blair's Farm and Fleet...

> Thanks, Jonmac

1973 Triumph Stag LE22439UB "uncle jack"
1979 Caterham Super Seven  FOR SALE
2004 Suburban 8.1
2007 Saturn Ion 3 2.4
pethier [at] comcast [dot] net