[TR] PDWA

Dave1massey at cs.com Dave1massey at cs.com
Wed Jun 16 06:45:55 MDT 2010

In a message dated 6/15/2010 8:08:47 PM Central Daylight Time,
75tr6 at tr6.danielsonfamily.org writes:
> This has been an interesting thread for a couple of reasons: 1. the
> consensus is to disable/bypass/eliminate the PDWA which is a safety device
>
> that tells you when one of your two braking systems has failed. 2. We had
> the same discussion in 6-Pack and the consensus was the opposite because
> they're so easy to fix and they are a safety device and 3. Moss Motors TV
> shows how simple they are to fix.
> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1oI2yrRCUVI
> After watching the Moss video, even I now understand how and why they
> work.

I'd be with you too, Bob, except for one thing: What's the point if you
don't have the warning light.  The car in question is a TR4 with a TR6 braking
system retrofitted.  There is no brake warning failure light and no wiring.
If Brad were willing to install the warning lamp and wiring then it would
be far better to fix vs bypass.

But even without the PDWA the TR6 dual circuit brakes are an upgrade from
the single circuit TR4 brakes.

Cheers

Dave