[TR] Auto products - sadly not Triumph

John Macartney macartney.john at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Jun 16 05:41:03 MDT 2010

Listers, feedback on two items if possible? Sorry this isn't Triumph related
but I don't own Triumphs now.
QUERY ONE. Last year on the Triumph
Trans-AmeriCan Drive, two or three people in different places annointed "uncle
jack's" windscreen with something called "Rain-Ex" - think that was the
spelling? It certainly did the job! I've just come across a product (of US
manufacture) in the UK called NANO WINDSCREEN PROTECTOR. The claims made of it
seem very similar to "Rain-Ex" and I wondered if anyone had experience of NANO
and if they'd be able to give me their thoughts off-list before I commit to
buy here.
QUERY TWO. "uncle jack" was also eqipped in his toolkit with quite
the best artificial chamois washleather I've *ever* used. It was fantastic,
but time and a fading memory makes the brand-name elusive. I bought two from a
Pep-Boys outlet to bring home but somehow they never made it into our luggage.
Maybe they're still lurking in "uncle jack's" boot (Phil Ethier?) and if so,
keep 'em :) Just need to know of a US website who would be willing to ship one
or two over to me in the UK. I've tried (and failed) at different times to buy
stuff out of the US with shipping to a UK address and paying in $'s and the
'exporting' seems to crash the sellers systems. Buying some Rain-Ex was such
an example. If I lived in the US, no problem. Elsewhere, - er, um, no we won't
sell outside the US.

Thanks, Jonmac